LARES announces its 14th International Conference, to be held in Rio de Janeiro, on 18-20 September 2014
For more information, access the LARES Conference Management System.
[learn_more caption=”CALL FOR PAPERS 2014“]
The LARES2014 Call for Papers is available here: CFP-LARES2014-Eng
Market professionals and researchers wishing to participate are invited to submit an abstract of their work, according to the topics below:
Authors should observe the following:
- Abstracts and full papers can be prepared either in Portuguese, Spanish or English.
- All submissions must conform to formatting guidelines available on the event website.
- Only original articles related to the themes of the event should be submitted.
- It is compulsory to register at least one of the authors at the event, so the paper is accepted for publication in the Proceedings.
- All submissions will be evaluated, and the acceptance is subject to the recommendation of the reviewers and the opinion of the Scientific Committee.
The submissions must be made using the LARES Conference Management System.
[learn_more caption=”KEY DEADLINES” state=”open”]
- 05/May/2014: Abstract submission deadline
- 12/May/2014: Abstract acceptance notification
- 07/July/2014: Full paper submission deadline- EXTENDED
- 14/July/2014: Full paper acceptance notification
[learn_more caption=”ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS“]
It is not necessary to prepare the abstract in a separate document (eg MS Word) and then submit it. Just register @Sistema de Gestão de Eventos LARES as an‘Author’, and complete the fields with your submission, following the steps below:
Abstracts in Portuguese or Spanish
As an international conference, in the case of submission in Portuguese or Spanish, it is also necessary to draw up a short version (only the abstract) in English. After register in the system as Author, continue with the following steps:
With the field “Language of Form” selected in “Portuguese (Brazil)” or “Spanish”, complete the ABSTRACT and TITLE of the article in the appropriate fields;
BEFORE you click “Save & Continue”, change the “Language of Form” for “Inglês/English”;
Rewrite the title and summary of the article in its translated version into English in the appropriate fields;
Click “Save & Continue” to proceed and complete the process.
Abstracts in English
If your submission is in English only, just proceed with step 2 onwards:
If there is any problem, you can make your submission by sending your abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[learn_more caption=”INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORMAT AND SUBMISSION OF FULL PAPERS“]
The Proceedings will be published in electronic media, including the full version of all papers presented. It is therefore important that the preparation of the digital version of your contribution be made in accordance with the instructions and template AVAILABLE SOON.
[learn_more caption=”LARES SECOVI 2014 Award” state=”open”]
In this 14th edition of the International Conference of LARES, three best papers will be awarded during the event.
The LARES SECOVI Award aims to encourage the production of related to real estate research, aiming to disseminate academic papers of relevance to industry professionals in Brazilian and Latin American context.
The total value of the award is R$ 18,000.00 (eighteen thousand reais), being awarded three (03) awards for Best Paper, in the amount of R $ 6,000.00 (six thousand dollars) each.
[learn_more caption=”CONFERENCE PROGRAM” state=”open”]
The conference program is available here: Programa Completo LARES2014
[learn_more caption=”REGISTRATION” state=”open”]
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS
The registration is individual and valid for all days of the event, with no registration option for one-day or to participate in specific sessions.
To make your registration, fill out the Registration Form, indicating which category of description is applicable to your case; Then check the total price of your subscription and indicate method of payment:
If you live outside Brazil, you can pay your registration at the conference desk, on arrival. PayPal option is not available anymore.
Please contact the conference organization if you need more information.
THE REGISTRATION FORM MUST BE SENT TO email@example.com, TO CONFIRM THE REGISTRATION
From 01/08 until 18/09
|Members of Partners Organizations (a)||
(a) Members of the following partner organizations are entitled to discount: LARES, RICS, Corenet, CIB, ABRAFAC, FDTE and from any Real Estate Society affiliated to IRES. Teachers and students from real estate-related courses are also entitles to this discounted category.
(b) Only authors (and co-authors) of accepted papers are entitled to this category. At least one author must be registered to the conference, in order to have the paper published.
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION – Read carefully before sending the form
- All categories of registration are entitled to: attendance at all sessions, certificate of participation (or presentation, if accepted authors), Proceedings in electronic form, material bag with the event materials and refreshments.
- The registration fee is not refundable in case of inability to attend. However, the substitution may be made by someone else.
- The organization reserves the right to substitute any speaker, and make changes to the schedule of sessions, if necessary.
- In case of cancellation of the event, participants will be notified immediately, and only then, will the commitment to return of fees already paid.
When applying for registration in the event, by completing and sending the details by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) the participant accepts all terms set forth in the above conditions.
[learn_more caption=”CONFERENCE VENUE” state=”open”]
The conference will take place at Edifício Manchete, located on Flamengo Beach, Rio de Janeiro. Designed in 1965 by Oscar Niemeyer, with landscape signed by Roberto Burle Marx, the building was home to one of the largest media groups in the country. After its acquisition by BR Properties company, the building has undergone an extensive retrofit, with modernization of building systems and preserving the original features of the architectural design. Winner of the 2013 National Real Estate Master award, the project establishes a new paradigm for the preservation of national architectural heritage
Edifício Manchete: Rua do Russel, 744, bairro da Glória, Rio de Janeiro – RJ
LARES has partnered with the company JAX Tourism for booking hotels with discounts.
Access the list of hotels, and some optional tours, by clicking here
The company Jax Tours can be contacted by phone: (21) 2267-5070, or by email: email@example.com
In case of suggestions or to report errors, contact LARES via email: firstname.lastname@example.org